AIRPORT MANAGER – City of Camrose
The City of Camrose is seeking an experienced Airport Manger to join our Infrastructure department. Reporting to the Municipal Engineer, this position will provide regulatory and management oversight of the Camrose Municipal Airport. This is a part-time position (0.5 FTE).
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (but not limited to):
- Coordinate and Participate in Airport Commission Meetings, and any follow up items.
- Coordinate with Public Works and Community Services staff to oversee airport maintenance.
- Manage the City’s Airport Operations Manual and any amendments.
- Assist with the preparation and oversight of the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Provide Air Side Training for Public Works, Community Service and other operational staff.
- Liaise with Aircraft and hangar owners and operators.
- Assist with the oversight of Airport Terminal Lease, and Aircraft Hangar Lease Agreements.
- Oversee fuel system operation.
- Pursue grant funding opportunities related to the Airport.
- Promote the Airport facility to business, operators and the public.
- Respond to public, business, or official inquiries.
- Conduct compliance inspections and manage follow up.
- Participate in and provide input into municipal planning issues related to the Airport.
- Represent the Camrose Airport to various Alberta aviation organizations.
- Participate in, and help coordinate Airport events such as the Fly-In Breakfast.
- Act as City representative on provincial or federal regulatory matters pertaining to airports.
- Oversee and advise on new aviation regulatory matters as they affect the Camrose Airport.
- A proven record in customer service, and operations management with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Significant aviation background, an understanding of Aviation Regulations and/or post-secondary education in aviation.
- Aviation Certifications:
- Global reporting Format (GRF) for Runway Surface Conditions for Airport Operators
- Aerodrome Standards and Recommend Practices (TP312 5th Edition or as updated)
- Airport Wildlife Control
- Basic Airport Safety & Operations School
- Basic Airport Winter Operations
HOURS OF WORK:
This is a part-time position (0.50 FTE). The hours of work are typically Monday through Friday and will equate to an average of 18.5 hours per week. Position requires availability in the morning to accommodate commencement of normal airport activity. Operational requirements may dictate availability on short notice as unforeseen demands arise.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The City of Camrose offers competitive salary, benefits, and a positive work environment. The starting salary for this position will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the address below or in person by May 3, 2023 at 4:30 p.m. If applying by e-mail, please ensure job position is included in subject line. We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
City of Camrose – Attention: Municipal Engineer
Mailing Address: 5204 – 50 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V 0S8
P: 780.672.4426 | F: 780.672.2469 | E: email@example.com | W: www.camrose.ca