ASSISTANT COORDINATOR, INFRASTRUCTURE AND PROJECTS
(FULL TIME POSITION)
Reporting to the Coordinator Infrastructure, Transportation Department, the Assistant Coordinator Infrastructure and Projects will assist in the organization and monitoring of Airport Infrastructures, Marine Ports, Mobile Equipment and Associated Capital and Improvement Projects. The following description of work describes but is not limited to the responsibilities of the position:
- Contribute to the preparation of plans and specifications in various projects in providing to Ministere des Transport (MTQ) comments on projects at all stages of the process;
- Contribute to the feasibility analyses and studies on airport improvement projects according to Transport Canada regulations;
- Evaluate the additional human, technical and financial resources needed for each project in order to update the Sivunirmut Agreement (Block funding);
- Develop and implement the Plan during Construction Operation (PCO) approved by Transport Canada;
- Ensure that all projects are free of deficiencies and completed according to the plans and specifications;
- Participate in the negotiation and preparation for new and renewed leases and/or contracts for buildings and facilities owned by Transport Canada;
- Participate as required in the committee meetings that are held with MTQ.
- Manage and coordinate Capital Projects assigned to the Transportation Department.
- Work with KRG Municipal Works Department in facility maintenance and repair
- Manage the electrical and vehicle maintenance and vehicle/equipment capital replacement at the 13 MTQ airports.
- University degree in a related field, exceptional relevant work experience may be considered;
- Engineering Graduate in Mechanical Electrical or Structural engineering will be considered an asset;
- Experience in project management may be considered an asset;
- Written and oral working knowledge of at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French;
- Very good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Good knowledge in CAD program;
- Excellent analytical, organization and decision making skills;
- Good knowledge of Transport Canada regulations (TP312, CARS, CTA) will be considered an asset;
- Availability to travel throughout the Nunavik territory
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Based on the applicable management salary scale.
Cost-of-living differential: minimum $8 500 annually.
Food allowance: minimum $3 453 annually.
Annual leave trips: minimum 3.
Group benefits including RRSP
Vacation: 30 days annually.
Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 during the Christmas period.
Please send your resume before April 1, 2020 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9, Kuujjuaq Quebec J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.