ASSISTANT COORDINATOR, TRANSPORTATION REGULATORY PROCRESS
(PERMANENT FULL TIME POSITION)
Reporting to the Coordinator, Transportation Regulatory Process of the KRG Transportation Department, the Assistant Coordinator Transportation Regulatory Process implements and participates in duties related to the safety of transportation operations in Nunavik. More specifically, the Assistant Coordinator will have the following responsibilities;
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of airport Safety Management Systems (SMS) pursuant to Transport Canada regulations;
- Review incoming daily reports in the SMS database, gather additional information, provide analysis and recommendations based upon legislation, regulation and best practices;
- Ensure timely feedback to staff on all submitted SMS reports;
- Communicate safety-related information and regulations to staff and management, and disseminate safety-related information across the Transportation Department;
- Participate in safety meetings, prepares documentation, notes and agendas;
- Monitor and analyse trend, including data for the maintenance reliability program, as well as results of corrective and preventive actions;
- Maintain and update the Hazard Registry Database;
- Identify potential hazards and carries out risk analyses, provide recommendations and ensure implementation and follow-up of such recommendation in the Transportation Department;
- Maintain and update when necessary all documentations such as Airport Operation Manual, Wildlife Control manual, etc.;
- Act as a KRG representative for airport safety projects in collaboration with Transport Canada;
- Perform regular visits to each community to ensure process and procedure are respected;
- Follow up on employee training and certification programs;
- Perform Quality Assurance by managing External Audits and performing Internal Audits;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
The selected candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience in management of airports field is highly preferred;
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience;
- Previous experience with Safety Management Systems;
- Knowledge of the following: airport related safety programs; safety standards applicable to airport operations; accident causation and prevention theory; safety margins; risk management techniques; human error; HFACS; data analysis; Quality Assurance;
- Good communication and writing skills in at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English or French;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Word and Excel, is required;
- Excellent planning and communication skills and good organization skills;
- Above average problem solving and decision making skills;
- Self-starter and ability to work with minimal supervision.
This position requires frequent travel within and outside Nunavik.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Based on Management salary scale
Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8 500/year
Food allowance: Minimum of $3 453/year
Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
Vacation: 30 days
Please send your résumé before 5 o’clock on April 1, 2020 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9, Kuujjuaq Quebec J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.