ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
(PERMANENT FULL TIME POSITION)
Reporting to the Director of the Transportation Department, the Assistant Director has the mandate to assist the Department Director in planning, organizing, overseeing, and the follow-up of all programs and activities related to the Transportation Department. More precisely, the Assistant Director will:
- Provide assistance to the Director with duties related to the administration, management, operations and maintenance of the fourteen airports, and marine ports, Usijiit para-transit services and public transit services, and the activities related to Off-Highway vehicles prevention activities;
- Supervise the work of the Coordinators of Environment, Infrastructure and Regulatory Compliance, by providing direction, guidance and follow-up in the execution of their duties and ensuring understanding of their responsibilities in order to meet Transportation Department operational objectives;
- Ensure all documentations such as Airport Operations Plans, Airport Emergency Plans, Wildlife Management Plans, Winter Maintenance Plans, Safety Management Systems manual and Plan of Construction operations are developed, up to date, accurate and submitted to Transport Canada for approval;
- Ensure all airport exemptions are up to date and new exemptions are developed and submitted to Transport Canada for approval;
- Ensure the Canada Flight Supplement and the Canada Air Pilot publications are checked regularly for accuracy and amended when required;
- Liaise with Transport Canada regarding SMS Audits, Leases, Long and short term capital projects, minor capital application and Regulatory change and compliance.
- Liaise with Minister Transport Quebec regarding Capital projects and the requirements in the Sivunirmut agreement.
- Ensure that all agreements with Transport Canada and Minister Transport Quebec are monitored, amended and adhered to as described;
- Manage the Observer Communicator/Maintainer back up response with a staff of 2 full time and 2 term employees. Managing the recertification and certified training for Observer Communicators
- Assist the Department Director in the preparation and management of budgets. Providing a monthly summary of budget to date;
- Participate in the development and the implementation of departmental objectives;
- Visit each communities, as deemed necessary to provide mentoring and support to KRG Transportation staff;
- Creates reports and presentations as required.
- Bachelor degree in administration, or in a related field, exceptionally a combination of relevant work experience and education may be considered;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in supervising a multidisciplinary team;
- Excellent planning, problem solving, decision making and leadership skills;
- Ability to work in a fast past environment with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to express himself or herself orally and in writing in at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French;
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite as well as any other relevant software;
- Ability to travel frequently in Nunavik as well as outside of the region.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Based on the applicable management salary scale.
Cost-of-living differential: minimum $8 500 annually.
Food allowance: minimum $3 453 annually.
Annual leave trips: minimum 3.
Group benefits including Simplified Pension Plan
Vacation: 30 days annually.
Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 during the Christmas period.
Please send your resume in English before April 1, 2020 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9, Kuujjuaq Quebec J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.