This full-time position with benefits, reports to the General Manager of Airports. The Airport Manager is responsible for many administrative tasks, and safety sensitive functions in the daily operation of the Dryden Regional Airport. This includes a variety of tasks in the Airport Administrative offices and Airside/Groundside operations.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring of airside and groundside operations and escort persons/vehicles airside if required
- Ensuring the adherence to the Airport Inspection Program and Safety Management System regulations
- Manage Airside safety and security through the performance of airfield/runway inspections and wildlife inspections and control.
- Supervising Airport Operations staff
- Working with the Accountable Executive on operational issues as required
- Ensuring the health and safety of operational staff and airport users
- Explaining and enforcing Airport rules and regulations
- ensuring Airport policies are followed, make recommendations for policy modifications, or creation of SOP’s
- Receiving, monitoring, and responding to community relations as required.
- Manage the airport’s operational budget and make recommendations for capital expenditures including applications for funding.
- Initiate emergency response/activation of Airport Emergency Response Plan.
- Responsible for responding for an emergency event at the Airport and operate as the On-Scene Controller during the emergency
- Responsible for business development for the Airport
- contributing to the development and execution of the City of Dryden and Dryden Regional Airport Strategic Plans
- Preparing invoices and monitoring Accounts Receivable
- Developing, maintaining, and implementing Airport manuals
- Engaging with Airport tenants, employees, customers, and industry representatives in a professional and courteous manner
- Effectively leading and developing the Airport Operations staff
- Working with the City of Dryden’s CAO and staff on Municipal related issues
- Attending the City of Dryden Council and Management meetings as required
- Post-Secondary Aviation Education or equivalent aviation knowledge/experience
- TP312E course or equivalent experience
- Restricted Radio Operators Certificate (ROC-A) or obtain one within in 30 days of being hired
- Communication skills, written and verbal, to respond to customers and complete required Airport documentation procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Previous experience working in a Government or Municipal Structure
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license or equivalent with clean abstract
- Experience in Airport business development
Qualifications considered assets to the position:
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Airfield Lighting Maintenance Course
- Accredited Airport Executive designation
- Private Pilot’s License or flight training experience
- Current C.P.R. and First Aid training
- Working knowledge of runway surface condition reporting
- Experience with operating heavy or airport equipment
The position requires working in the office and outside both airside and groundside. The hours of work are primary Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. however, there is a requirement to sometimes work evenings, weekends, and Statutory Holidays or after hour emergencies or call-ins. In addition, Given the nature of this position, applicants must live within a one hour’s drive of the Dryden Regional Airport.
The Loomex Group has multiple locations within Canada. Depending on business needs and financial requirements, the Successful Candidate may be transferred or requested to travel to another location as required. In the event of a transfer, the Successful Applicant will be provided advanced notice to support a successful transition.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 30 kg, stand or sit for prolonged periods while using equipment or at a desk, lifting, pulling, and managing heavy equipment and objects.
Please send resume and cover letter to Sherry Hill, Chief Financial Officer email@example.com no later than March 17, 2021 at 3:00pm eastern time. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
|Job Category||Airport Manager|