Airport Aircraft Refuelers, Full-Time (Terrace)
Closing Date: May 4, 2021
Executive Flight Centre (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport users. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
EFC is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, while upholding the principles of employment equity. Your participation in this important process is greatly appreciated. We encourage applicants to self‐identify as a member of one or more of the employment equity designated groups – Women, Aboriginal peoples, Persons with Disabilities and/or Members of Visible Minorities. The information collected will be used solely to carry out our obligations under the federal Employment Equity Act.
Our Terrace location is seeking an experienced Class 3 Driver for Aircraft Refueler position to support our diverse operations on airport property. This position will work a variety of shifts on a rotating schedule including mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and general holidays. We are seeking Class 3 driver with flexible availability who will be able to work a variety of shifts as needed.
The Aircraft Refueler is responsible for fueling aircrafts in a safe, efficient, and professional manner. The Aircraft Refueler operates fueling vehicles and ground support equipment required for fueling and servicing aircraft and completes accurate documentation while working within the Company’s protocols and guidelines.
Based on operational requirements, the successful candidate must reside in Terrace, British Columbia.
- Aircraft Fueling, Movement, Placement and Inventory Control of Aviation fuel.
- Fuel Quality Control on Fuel trucks and Fuel tanks.
- Operate various types of Ground Service Equipment (GSE).
- Responsible to clean and maintain GSE equipment, Building and Fuel Trucks (daily checks, periodic inspections & monthly preventative maintenance).
- Strict adherence to safety rules on the ramp and while using equipment.
- Required to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Physical requirements include considerable use of your arms and legs, climbing, lifting 50lbs repeatedly, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Must work shift work, weekends, and stat holidays, when required.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are observed and respond to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Maintain a tidy and orderly work area exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to a healthy and safe work environment.
- Ensure exceptional, courteous, and respectful customer service.
- Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety and Quality programs and initiatives.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in the aviation industry in a similar role would be an asset.
- Minimum Class 3 with Air Brake Endorsement is required; class 1 Driver’s License is preferred.
- Ability to obtain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) is required
- Clear Driver’s Abstract is required as a condition of employment.
- Must be able to obtain a Radio Operator Certificate (Aeronautical).
- Able to lift 50 pounds independently.
- Understanding of mathematics and basic computer skills.
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Professional, punctual, meticulous, and diligent.
- Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the EFC Team.
Executive Flight Centre offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Please visit our web site at http://www.efcaviation.ca/ for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities and to apply for this role.
Please include your resume and cover letter in one document when applying for this position; indicating the position title and location you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.