KUUJJUAQ AIRPORT MANAGER
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Operations of the Transportation Department, the Airport Manager ensures safe, effective and efficient management and operations of our northern airport facilities and services in Kuujjuaq. More specifically, the duties and responsibilities of the Airport Manager includes, but not limited, to:
• Provide leadership, functional direction and support to assigned staff such as the Airport Maintainers, Mechanics and Janitors in the execution of their duties and ensuring understanding of their responsibilities in order to meet the operational and administrative needs of the KRG Transportation Department;
• Ensures that regulations, policies and procedures applicable to airport operations are being followed to maintain compliance;
• Work within the Safety Management System for setting goals and objectives for the airport, investigating Occurrence Reports as received, completing Corrective Action Plans and providing follow-up status reporting on all actions taken;
• Conduct regular inspections of the Kuujjuaq airport in accordance with applicable regulations, standards, policies and guidelines;
• Update security manuals and airport certification manuals; comply with Transport Canada mandated security requirements; coordinate emergency training and drills, mobilize staff in emergencies;
• Identify training needs, assisting in development of training materials and provide training to staff as necessary;
• Work within the Travel Management System for all travel requirements for assigned staff;
• Receive and review timesheets by validating the information and the accuracy before submitting them for approval and process by payroll;
• Participate in the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies;
• Review project invoices, recommending payment approval and/or following-up with contractors as necessary;
• Work within the requisition system to complete purchasing requisition and provide follow-up as required;
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other KRG employees, airport partners and the public using principles of good customer service;
• Any other related tasks, as required.
• Post-secondary diploma in a related field; equivalent work experience will be considered;
• Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in an airport related field;
• Minimum of two (2) years of employee supervision will be considered an asset;
• Experience with project management and report preparation, preferably in the transportation industry is an asset;
• Knowledge of airport Safety Management Systems;
• Proven abilities in planning, organizing and problem solving with quality decision making skills;
• Good communication and writing skills in at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English or French;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software;
• Ability to work independently;
• Work experience in a multicultural environment, preferably in Aboriginal communities, is considered an asset;
• This position requires infrequent travel within and outside Nunavik.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Min: $70 872 yearly – Max: $97 448 yearly
Other benefits: Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8 500/year;
Food allowance: Minimum of $3 707/year;
Annual leave trips: maximum of 3 per person annually;
RRSP: 7% employer’s contribution;
Vacation: 30 days/year;
Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 days during the Christmas holidays.
Please submit your application before 5:00 pm on March 8, 2021 to: email@example.com
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Job Category||Airport Manager|