Southport is a not-for-profit property management and development company, located 3 km south of Portage la Prairie, Manitoba, Canada. Southport’s mission is “To stimulate economic development in our region by realizing the full potential of Southport’s airspace, airport, and commercial and residential properties for the benefit of the communities we serve.” We are committed to providing quality customer service and establishing a sense of community around Southport that will enrich the experience of doing business with us.
Southport is looking to grow its dedicated team with the addition of a full-time Facilities Maintenance Technician, reporting to the Coordinator, Facilities Maintenance.
- Perform installation, maintenance, repair and operation of a wide range of facility and utility systems including structural, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, heating, drainage, water treatment, sewage treatment and other technical systems
- Assist with commercial and residential renovations
- Utilize a diverse range of hand tools, power tools and facilities maintenance equipment
- Utilize computerized maintenance management system for work order administration
- Perform manual labour and other duties for the efficient operation of the facilities
- Experience in facilities maintenance and associated equipment operations
- Experience in general construction procedures and techniques
- Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds unassisted
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
- Basic MS Office software skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work well with little supervision
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent prioritizing, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
- Possess or have the ability to obtain:
- a First Aid Certificate
- a valid Southport Airport Vehicle Operator Permit (AVOP) licence
- a Class 5 or higher Power Engineer Certification
- a Water and Wastewater Facility Operator’s Certification
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, equivalent or higher qualification
- One year of experience or higher
Join the Southport Team – as an employee of Southport, you will receive the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive benefits package including Employee Assistance Program, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Extended Health, Vision and Dental Coverage
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan Matching Program
- Vacation, Wellness, and Medical Days
- Complimentary Gym Membership
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes via email to:
Southport Aerospace Centre Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
25 Centennaire Drive
Southport, MB R0H 1N1
This job posting will remain open until March 31, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Southport Culture:
Southport is dedicated to our communities and is invested in Corporate Social Responsibility. Southport and its staff support a wide variety of community functions held each year. This includes sponsoring programs, volunteerism, and being visible and involved in local and provincial events and celebrations.
Southport makes a valuable economic impact to our community. As of 2019, there is a total of 960 jobs on site, the economic output totals $180 Million, Gross Domestic Product totals $111 Million, and a total annual commercial income of $57 Million.